Pro-Life Or Pro-Gun? These Dating Apps Don’t Want You

Hunting plays a valuable role in America. The sale of hunting tags and licenses funds conservation efforts, and hunters help to control invasive species. They also help those in need: the NRA’s Hunters for the Hungry program “has brought hundreds of thousands of pounds of venison to homeless shelters, soup kitchens and food banks across the United States.” And if you’re a hunter who hopes their hunting pics will help find that special someone, then the dating app Bumble has a message for you.

Get lost.

Last year, Bumble banned pictures that include guns, and it’s encouraging users to report any that they see. An exception is made for military and law enforcement personnel while in uniform, but other gun owners will be targeted (apparently knife owners will be too). Bumble says the policy was prompted by “our values,” insisting, “Online behavior can both mirror and predict how people treat each other in the real world.” If that’s the case, then Bumble should be encourage people with concealed handgun permits to post their weapons: while it’s unusual for those who carry guns legally to commit crimes, it’s not hard to find ones they’ve stopped.

RELATED NEWS: Hashtags Don’t Stop Rapists. Hollow-Points Do.

But it’s not just Bumble that embraces left-wing politics–OK Cupid brags about how “sexy” it is to “stand with Planned Parenthood.” Planned Parenthood has  multiple facilities offering abortions after 20 weeks–the point at which Dr. Kanwaljeet Anand’s research at the University of Tennessee suggests a fetus can feel pain. In the video below, Dr. Anthony Levatino explains how one is performed. Watch it and decide for yourself how sexy that is.

And here you can see a Planned Parenthood clinic director saying she can set up involuntary abortions on underage prostitutes who “can’t speak English” and “won’t know what’s going on.” Ask yourself if that’s something you could stand with.

Of course, there are guys who have good reason to support Planned Parenthood–after all, an abortion is a lot cheaper than child support. Some of them write guides on how to bully a woman into having one.

RELATED NEWS: Can't Raise Your Baby? Plenty of People Can.

Meanwhile, Planned Parenthood has returned the favor by fighting tougher laws against coercion and threats.

If you’re pro-life or pro-gun, then OK Cupid and Bumble don’t respect your values. According to its blog, “Over 80% of OkCupid members do not think Planned Parenthood should be defunded.” The other 20% should probably look elsewhere.

This article was originally published at Western Free Press.


Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*